The ink on the surrender papers wasent dry before the army started getting rid of 1/2 tons. apperantly a company bought a mess of open cab pickups, and converted them to closed cab. then resold them on the civilian markett, which causes all kinds of confusion today. the main differances between a civilian cab, and a military cab are
- the military cab has no windshield winder
- the military cab has 4 holes. 2 above, and 2 below the rear window, for the window screen.
- the civilian cab has a gas tank hole on the drivers side.
- the civilian cab may have holes on the sides of the cowl for lights.
- it should be noted, that the winch modles were perty popular with the farm crowd, so if you have a closed cab on a winch frame, you can be sure its a post war conversion.